- The Mob Museum, officially the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, is a history museum located in Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Like many modern museums, it is using interactive game-based technologies to make interactive exhibits.
- One of the exhibits is the anatomy of a drug smuggling tunnel.
- To create an interactive replica of a drug tunnel together to let visitors explore a large amount of territory without having to physically build it in real life.
- To create an exhibit that will be completely safe for visitors.
- To explore a way to build large-scale exhibits cost effectively.
What was done
- A 3D model of a drug tunnel was created using first person 3D game technology. Users could either watch an animated video or take control and explore the drug tunnel personally, move about the location, and interact with certain objects that would play pre-recorded audio and video or display text.